Simple mindful activities for children
calm me down
- go outside, sit in a chair or lie down and watch a cloud move across the sky.
- shake a snow globe, pick a flake and watch it float down.
- lie down and place your hands on your tummy and watch them go up and down.
- play a game and before each turn take a slow breath through the nose.
- knit or crotchet a scarf.
what can I see?
- look around the room, how many yellow objects can you see?
- go for a walk, how many different coloured greens are there?
- go out into the yard and choose an object, it might be a leaf or a stick, describe it to your mum or dad. what does it really look like?
- clear a space in your room and then choose one object to put there, every day take the time to really look at that object. what does it look like? why do you like it?
- close your eyes and try and remember what your classroom looks like. Can you draw it from memory?